It seems everywhere I look I’m reminded to make sure we have the “back to school essentials” for my stepsons. I know some of the supplies that will be essential, such as pens, pencils, binders, markers, and paper. But sometimes the requirements vary depending on the grade level or curriculum, so it can be really helpful to receive a school supply list to know exactly which items are needed. That way there are no unexpected surprises!
At Walker, we have identified an "Essentials" list based on our years of experience helping companies with Voice of the Customer strategies. As a result our clients know what is required for a successful Customer Feedback program.
The six Essentials include:
- Relevance and Alignment – VoC strategies align to specific corporate initiatives
- Team and Resources – The right people are involved and the right resources dedicated to drive business results
- Information Gathering – The right insights are gathered from the right customers to drive improvement
- Communication – Employees are aware of your VoC strategies and they receive customer feedback to use in their jobs
- Action – Taking action on the customer feedback
- Validation – Measuring the business impact of your VoC strategies
Now that you have the Essentials List, the next step is to check to see if you have all the Essentials or if there are any gaps that you need to address for your customer initiative. It’s up to you…
Vice President, Consulting Services