This McAfee blog recently caught my attention as I realized that although our businesses are very different, the premise is the same as you think about securing your organization.
From McAfee’s perspective: “While traditional antivirus technology continues to hold value for consumers and enterprises, it is only one layer in what needs to be a multi-layered defense.”
From Walker’s perspective: While gathering customer feedback through traditional Voice of the Customer programs continues to hold value for your organization, it is only one layer in what needs to be a multi-tiered customer strategy.
It’s not enough to simply “do surveys” – which can backfire by setting an expectation that customer feedback will result in action. (Reminder: Customer relationships may actually become less secure if you don’t act on the customer feedback.)
Instead, you need a multi-tiered customer strategy to enhance the customer experience and their relationship with your organization. Here are just a few examples:
- Customer-Focused Culture: Build customer-centricity into the fabric of your organization
- Predictive Analytics: Use predictive analytics to predict customer behaviors and anticipate customer need
- Customer Insights: Deliver customer information that prompts action and results.
- Securing Buy-in: Get the necessary support and resources for customer intelligence initiatives.
- Engaging Employees: Promote customer strategies within the company
- ROI of Customer Intelligence: Validate the impact of customer initiatives
What are you doing to go beyond customer listening to improve the customer experience? How are you driving business success through customer insights and understanding?
Vice President, Consulting Services