At the recent Walker B-to-B Customer Experience Summit, we asked over 100 Customer Experience professionals what business strategies will have the greatest impact on their business in the year 2020. Attendees were given cards representing the following strategies (all color coded) and picked the top three for their business.
- Making Better Mergers and Aquisitions (Smarter, more accretive acquisitions)
- Better Targeting of Prospects (Closing more new sales and more efficient sales cycles)
- Improving Customer Retention (More growth from existing customers)
- Building a Strong Channel Network (Identification of the best partners that prefer your products)
- Entering New Markets (More efficient market penetration)
- Innovating Faster (Anticipation of customer wants and needs)
- Providing Superior Service (Proactive approach to anticipate and address issues)
- Improving Quality (Early detection and prevention of problems)
- Becoming Easier to do Business WIth (Streamlined procedures that are more profitable)
We collected the cards and created a wall display. All of the strategies were picked, but the top three winners were:
- Providing Superior Service
- Becoming Easier to do Business With
- Innovating Faster
The year 2020 will be upon us in the blink of an eye and Customer Experience professionals must consider how they contribute and align with the corporate strategy.
Which customer strategy will you support?