Several Walker clients have chosen to nominate themselves for Voice of the Customer Awards to be given out at the Forrester Customer Experience Forum in June. I had the opportunity to review some of the material that was being assembled and had several observations:
- Customer listening methods continue to evolve - there are more and more ways to harness the perspective of the customer.
- There is more emphasis on engaging users - companies are putting lots of effort into helping the users of customer insights really understand the strategies and their role.
- There continues to be more focus on action - companies are building infrastructures to make sure the right person has the right information to make better business decisions.
- Technology tools continue to get better - companies are making smarter use of technology to accelerate the use of customer information.
- There is more focus on business outcomes - companies are doing a better job of tying customer insights to business improvement.