What do you think is the biggest benefit of journey mapping?
This is fresh on my mind since I recently participated in a journey mapping workshop. The workshops are the heart of journey mapping. This is where you visually chart the interactions customers have with your company so that you can identify key areas of focus.
- Understanding the touchpoints customers go through in working with your company.
- Understanding how well your processes are aligned (or not) with your customers' journey.
- Identifing the most important interactions or "moments of truth."
- Discovering obstacles where improvement is most necessary.
- Pinpointing strengths that your company can leverage.
- Identifying areas to streamline for cost savings.
- Estabilishing the foundation for a more comprehensive CX strategy.
The list could go on. However, I believe the biggest benefit is the level of engagement that is created. Stakeholders that participate in the journey mapping process now are part of the solution. They understand the map. In fact they own it.