A customer journey map is a visual representation of the ways in which a customer interacts with a company, a product, or a service. Customer journey maps can be used in the following ways:
- To enhance customer experience initiatives, making them more relevant and aligned with customer expectations and linking the external to internal operating metrics.
- As a powerful communication tool, both internally and externally, to build awareness, understanding, and buy-in of the customer information.
- To educate and train employees about the ideal ways to bring value to customers, which strengthens your employees and enables them to better serve your customers.
- As a strong input into action and strategic planning to improve the customer experiences.
- And lastly, as a way to reinforce your brand with customers and personify your company’s mission and vision