Here are five common obstacles companies encounter when implementing their customer strategies:
- Is anybody listening? Unfortunately, many companies simply don’t have a good system set up to gather insights from their customers.
- Too much information, not enough action. Too many companies gather all kinds of feedback from their customers, then look at it and say, “Now what do I do with all of this?”
- Who’s in charge? Leadership at all levels is a critical element to ensure the voice-of-the-customer initiatives are truly strategic.
- Make it matter. When customer initiatives aren’t aligned with other company strategies they lack relevance and meaning.
- Show me the money! Too often, companies can’t (or don’t) calculate the payoff. Customer strategies should connect with other business metrics and prove that there is a strong impact on corporate performance.