Below are five tips for building a great account-level contact list:
- Get the account team engaged in the process. Without their involvement the results might not be considered valid or valuable.
- Let the customer participate too. Having someone from the customer organization add, modify, and delete contacts helps secure their buy-in.
- Identify a good starting point. A CRM system is a good starting point. Another great starting point is the contact list from a previous survey wave or another initiative.
- Make the process as easy as possible. Use a simple Web form to collect customer information from account managers.
- Provide clear and simple instructions. Create a quick start guide.