Turning customer intelligence into action and change is the number one challenge for most customer experience professionals. It involves moving beyond simply gathering insights and delivering reports, and it requires that customer intelligence is viewed as essential information that is easily accessible and embedded into systems to ensure action takes place and desired change occurs.
Here are five steps you can take to achieve world-class action and change:
- Identify the specific behaviors which need to change.
- Tailor the information to each audience. Consider the level, role and responsibility for each individual and tell the customer story in a manner that prompts interest and drives action.
- Tie customer insights to the metrics, processes or systems they use today. Speak in their language.
- Write down the agreed-upon actions and develop a cadence for ongoing status updates.
- Celebrate successes and learn from failures.