Sales needs timely customer insights that will help them focus on the issues that matter to existing customers and new prospects. They also can benefit from intelligence that will help them know which accounts show the most potential so that they don’t waste time focusing on accounts that aren’t going to buy. Here are some do’s and don’ts when working with Sales teams:
- Realize they are goal-focused
- Know they are open to activities helping them meet their goals
- Show examples of how your team can help them/their customers – how it’s worked for a colleague or two.
- Preach to them or imply they don’t work on the customer’s behalf
- Make “asks” without showing the payoff for them or customers
- Miss seeing what they are focused on