Customer strategists wear many different hats, but in order to be successful, they must:
- Get involved: They should be aware of the business strategy and be connected to the individuals in the organization who can make change happen.
- Share the wisdom: Customer strategists have a wealth of knowledge that can only be put to use if the right individuals are aware, and understand the implications.
- Encourage others: Customer strategists depend on a network of individuals. Those who are successful promote and encourage those around them.
- Challenge the status quo: Customers evolve, and so should your customer strategies.
- Welcome transparency: The organization can react to what’s known.