Most customers don’t respond to surveys. How do you follow up with customers who do not tell you they are unhappy? A proactive alert is a system that allows companies to forecast which customers may be similarly dissatisfied. As a method to optimize customer experiences, proactive alerts and organized follow up should be considered when:
- Sales and account management resource are open to receiving alerts for up-sell/cross-sell opportunities.
- Companies believe a poor customer interaction (e.g., support call, delivery, installation, etc.) will negatively impact the customer relationship in the future.
- Follow-up processes are already in place and/or part of the company’s culture.
- Account teams need or desire a reliable avenue for prioritizing customer activities.
- Firms want to counter and compensate for diminishing customer survey response rates.