It’s commonly accepted by customer experience practitioners that the sheer volume of surveys being sent these days is leading to survey fatigue and declining response rates. To achieve high response rates, consider the following:
- Executive Buy-in: Starting with direction and passion at the highest levels of the organization to hear from as many customers as possible.
- Data Management: Ensuring the quality of your contact list (e.g. confirming who you are targeting and verifying their contact data).
- Pre-Notification: Communicating with customers ahead of time to let them know the survey is coming and their feedback is important.
- Education: Helping account owners understand why the VoC program is in place, the benefit to your company, and the benefit to your customers by sharing their feedback.
- Providing Visibility: Sharing information about which customers have or have not provided feedback with leadership and account owners throughout the data gathering period.
- Encouraging Participation: Equipping Account Owners with scripts to encourage participation among their assigned accounts