While few insights seem to actually drive action, here are some tips that will maximize the likelihood of an insight resulting in change.
- Training: Use more engaging training methods, such as practice or discussion groups to increase learning retention.
- Plan: A clearly defined communication plan that progressively builds through three stages of Awareness, Understanding, and Belief is more likely to result in action.
- Stand Out: Seek help from communication specialists to guide the development of messages that will help cut through the clutter.
- Audience: To develop tailored messages, take time to understand the audience and what they need to know, when they need to know it.
- Repetition: One time communication isn’t enough. Communications should be ongoing and continuous.