While I’ve heard the hype around the Old Spice social media campaign, I didn’t check out the videos on You Tube until earlier today. That is when I discovered over 150 "Old Spice Responses" videos.
What a creative communication approach! It is personal, was conducted in real time, and accomplished its goal – to increase sales.
As customer strategists, what we can learn from Old Spice?
- We owe our customers a response when they participate in customer satisfaction surveys.
- Our response should include a summary of what we heard.
- It doesn’t have to be too lengthy. Stick to the key points.
- Video is an effective communication tool.
- Our communications should have an impact on our business through building customer loyalty, creating customer value, and increasing our customer retention programs.