Here are six ways to become a customer expert:
- An expert would need to know how to measure customer loyalty in a very practical way. This means gathering all the right customer insights so the information can be put to use.
- They would need to understand what drives loyalty – how it is relevant and where resources should be focused. This would include making sure customer initiatives aligned with the strategies of the business.
- Communication is a part of an expert's training. Everyone has to be aware of the customer initiatives and understand the role they play.
- An expert would also need to know how to prompt action. They must be able to mobilize their employees to put customer information to use in the most productive ways.
- Experts must validate the impact of their work. They will need to understand how to determine if the application of customer insights is showing a positive return on their investment.
- Finally, they need to know how to manage all the people and resources for their customer strategies.