The following best practices should be considered for improving the customer experience across the customer journey stages:
- Use technology to automate multiple aspects of the journey, reducing the overall time to value for the customer.
- Remove unnecessary paperwork and traditional documentation requirements for the customer, minimizing effort.
- Provide service geared around the customer's schedule.
- Set clear expectations with the customer and then meet them.
- Proactively keep the customer informed and up-to-date throughout the journey.
- Solicit near-time customer feedback with very targeted metrics.