While every company is different, Walker has identified six essential elements for creating a competitive advantage through the customer experience:
- Strategy and Alignment – The right overall approach intricately aligned with the company’s strategy.
- Team and Resources – A solid team with the right resources to ensure success.
- Culture and Communication – A customer-focused culture supported by consistent and effective corporate-wide communication.
- Customer Intelligence – A system for assembling the right customer intelligence and ensuring it is effectively delivered throughout the company.
- Action and Change – Effective processes that lead to action and prompt customer-focused change.
- Impact and Return – Systems to effectively demonstrate the return on investment for CX initiatives.