There are certain questions we should constantly ask ourselves. Every day, these questions should be on our minds. I’ll bet we can all come up with a list. Here is a starter list:
- Every positive experience you encounter as a customer should be followed by the question, "How can I provide that kind of an experience to my customers?"
- And the first question's sibling: for every negative experience, “How can I make sure I never do that to my customers?”
- Every time you think about how strategic your customers are to you, ask yourself, "How can I be as strategic to my customers as they are to me?"
- “What did I do today to create value for my customers and my company?”
- Time is precious. Days, weeks, months, quarters, and even years fly by. So, “Did I accomplish what I set out to today?”
- It’s easy to think about the things we should do, but “What should I stop doing?”
- Sometimes a clean slate would be nice. No baggage, no history, no constraints. “If I were new in this position, what changes would I make?”
Add to the list. I know there are many more, and one question just might cause someone to think and act in a new way.