Action planning can become more effective by following these five stages:
- Nail the pain – fix on a key driver of customer loyalty needing improvement.
- Nail the solution – obtain customer reactions to the improvement with a simple prototype, and then do the same for the various iterations.
- Nail the go-to-market strategy – learning exactly how the customer will effectively use and/or buy the new approach.
- Nail the business model – use customer insights to work out predicted usage, revenue streams and costs. Keep initial applications limited until business side proves out.
- Scale it – once the business model is set and functional, the change can be rolled out and grown.