With the growing amount of data available in companies today, professionals are asking “How do we use this data to create meaningful insights that give us a competitive advantage?” Here are six steps for finding value with Big Data:
- Start at the End – Have clear and specific objectives to guide the analysis, and to ensure the initiative is meaningful to the business.
- Get the Right People Involved – Different skills are essential for leveraging big data to create meaningful insights.
- Make Friends – Identify what information is necessary and build relationships with those who can help you get access.
- Seek Perspicacity – Perspicacity is the understanding and discernment of the customer wants and needs. This stage is about understanding, synthesizing, and prioritizing.
- Launch a Campaign – This phase is about getting others onboard and mobilizing resources.
- Create a Legacy – Look for opportunities to embed insights into the systems that are used to make decisions.