Opinions vary widely as to who should "own" social media activity…regardless of where it sits in your organization, there are many ways the Customer Experience professional can be involved:
- Use social media to engage with customers. Social media should be built into our internal and external communication plans.
- Look for opportunities to align the loyal customer base with social media actions. How can you leverage your loyal customers as brand advocates?
- Identify the noise. Insights from a customer listening program identify which online conversations are noise and which can build (or erode) customer loyalty.
- Garner competitive insights. Many social media sites are publicly available allowing an extension of the customer listening to include competitive intelligence.
- Gain information about our most valuable customers. Like conducting a deep dive on the competition, we can also use social media to learn more about our key customers.