The customer intelligence you provide to a Strategic Account Manager (SAM) must help them retain and grow their accounts. Keys to making this happen include:
- Easy access – Integrate customer intelligence into the tools and processes they already use (e.g., CRM systems and account planning processes).
- Provide training – Whether it is in-person, virtual, or on-demand, provide a training module that succinctly explains why this program is important and how it will deliver value to them.
- Make it simple – SAMs don’t want to wade through data. Give them just what they need and make it easy for them to know what action to take.
- Make it relevant – If the intelligence you provide isn’t relevant, a SAM won’t use it. Make sure it specifically relates to the accounts they manage.
- Provide perspective – SAMs will want to know how their customers compare to others and best practices for improving the customer relationship.