Are your customer loyalty reports and presentations saying what you want them to? This is not about getting the right customer feedback, but about how the reports and presentations are communicating to the people who see them.
It is the norm to put your energy into your customer loyalty reports, but leave little thought to the graphics, design, and page layout of the final product. The majority of the time is spent getting the right information and having the correct numbers. These are critical details, but what about the person trying to decipher the customer listening data? Can they read it easily? Is the flow logical? Taking time to think about layout and design will help keep people fully engaged and make the information more valuable.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when working on your presentation or document.
- Declutter your page layout – Get rid of everything unnecessary.
- Keep it simple – Lots of color, gradients, and effects don’t necessarily mean a good design.
- Use white space – A little white space does wonders for readability
- Keep a consistent theme – Make sure your fonts, font sizes, colors, margins, etc. are the same on every page.
- Pictures and graphs – Using a visual is a great way to break up text, but remember to keep them consistent.
- Keep your message clear.
Having a final product with a great layout and graphics increases the credibility in the recipients mind. It may not be a conscious decision, but people are more likely to read and follow a well designed report than one filled with clutter. While some may be skeptical about taking the time to design something for their loyalty program, it can have a drastic effect on how the facts being presented are perceived.
Taking time for design helps increase the effectiveness of your communication. If your goal is to increase internal awareness of your customer program and become more customer centric, take a look at what you are saying visually.