Here are some of my favorite quotes for CX professionals. What are your favorites?
1. "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss
Creating a customer-focused culture isn't easy. It takes persistence, passion, and courage.
2. “When your eyes are only looking at the organization, your ass is facing the customer” - Yudai via InSites Consulting
No one wants to do business with someone that has their back turned against them. Let's show our face to our customers so they know we are listening and engaged in their business.
3. "Don’t try to change the culture – exploit it." - Jeb Dasteel, Senior Vice President and Chief Customer Officer for Oracle
In his keynote speech at the 2014 CXPA Insight Exchange, Jeb attracted attention with this advice. CX professionals are in an ideal position to exploit aspects of the culture that aren't focused on what customers value.
4. "You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new." - Steve Jobs
CX is not about being customer-driven, it's about being customer-focused.
5. "Those who can’t change their minds can’t change anything.” - Irish playwright and a co-founder of the London School of Economics
Customer experience professionals cannot get stuck in a historical view. They must embrace the changes that are required to deliver against customer expectations. Some companies are encouraging companies to do more surveys (because it supports their business model), but customer experience professionals need to focus on doing more with all of the customer intelligence that is available to them.
6. "Time can be saved by making routine actions a habit." - Frank Walker, Walker Information
According to Dictionary.com, a habit is, "an acquired behavior pattern regularly followed until it has become almost involuntary." Imagine the impact that can be achieved by making a habit of delivering extraordinary experiences.
7. "The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The second best time is now." - Unknown
Don't wait. Start right now. What do you want the customer experience to look like? Set your long term goal and hold each other accountable for implementing short term improvements.
8. "A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way." - John C. Maxwell, Author and Speaker
Leaders aren't identifiable by title. They are identified by their attitude.
9. "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart." - Helen Keller
The customer experience is a feeling that customers have when they interact with the products, people, and processes that are designed to support them.
10. "We believe that customer service shouldn't be just a department; it should be the entire company."- Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos