Entry # 2 in my macro-microblogging series.
The Service Recovery Paradox says an effective problem resolution can result in a stronger customer relationship than if the problem never happened. A strictly efficient, time-to-resolve mindset will result in few observable instance of this paradox. But combining timely and effective resolution with soft skills aimed at tapping into these 6 psychological phenomena that drive positive customer behavior will greatly increase the chances of experiencing it.
- Build a relationship by listening, understanding, and taking appropriate action
- Clear memory of the failure by creating a more recent positive emotional memory
- Establish mutual understanding by exhibiting sharing and caring behavior
- Drive customer desire to reciprocate by exceeding customer expectations of the interaction
- Build customers' trust and confidence in the company through professional behavior
- Implicitly ask for forgiveness by admitting the company's role in the failure