Last week I was reminded of how challenging it can be to implement customer strategies.
Several Walker clients have chosen to nominate themselves for Voice of the Customer Awards to be given out at the Forrester Customer Experience Forum in June. I had the opportunity to review some of the material that was being assembled and had several observations:
- Customer listening methods continue to evolve – there are more and more ways to harness the perspective of the customer.
- There is more emphasis on engaging users – companies are putting lots of effort into helping the users of customer insights really understand the strategies and their role.
- There continues to be more focus on action – companies are building infrastructures to make sure the right person has the right information to make better business decisions.
- Technology tools continue to get better – companies are making smarter use of technology to accelerate the use of customer information.
- There is more focus on business outcomes – companies are doing a better job of tying customer insights to business improvement.
Most of all I was simply impressed with the amount of effort companies are making to drive action and results through their customer strategies. It’s hard work and it’s great to see companies doing so many great things to make the most of their customer relationships.