If your company struggles with organization silos, the most effective approach for a CX professional is to form a unified and influential cross-functional group or team. In this structure, consider these suggestions:
- Establish goals that are unique for the CX purpose that everyone can focus on.
- Create a spirit of collaboration.
- Understand who is going to make the final decisions and have them engaged so you are not being held up.
- Encourage creativity and innovation, tapping into the unique background that each person brings from his part of the company.
- Make sure the team is balance with the work assignments. For most team members this will not be their full time job but an extra assignment on top of an already busy schedule.
- The ultimate goal needs to be on accomplishing something together that could not be achieved by any particular person or group. Focus on getting things done!