Over a year ago, Walker set out to create an online community that enables customer strategists to connect and network with each other. We developed the community based on feedback from our clients who told us that it is extremely valuable to connect and network with peers from other companies.
Up until the launch of Customer Connection, the primary vehicle Walker used to support this peer-to-peer learning was our Walker Forums, which are client only events that occur in-person, two times per year.
While our forums offer unmatched value (there is nothing like meeting in-person), we knew it was important to create a channel that would extend the conversation from our forums and reach a broader audience.
The past 12 months flew by and while there is always more that could be done, we’ve accomplished a lot during this time. Below are just a few of the accomplishments that bring a smile to my face:
– 116 members – thank you to each and every one of you!
– Too many blogs to count.
– Quality content through the featured videos.
– One successful move – in July, we moved software platforms with minimal disruption.
– Everything we’ve learned along the way – it has been a lot of fun.
Looking forward? – Well, that depends on you and what you’d like to accomplish. At this point, we’ve focused on leveraging this platform to distribute content, but there is nothing stopping us from doing more.
While there are probably countless ways we can use Customer Connection, two ideas that come to mind are:
– Co-creation: Many of us have similar challenges and our collective input will yield the best results. We could work together to create solutions that help us overcome one of our challenges.
– Meet to share our experiences: We could use other vehicles, like teleconferencing or web conferencing, to share best practices, brainstorm ideas to problems, get to know each other, etc.
What do you think? What would you like Customer Connection to focus on over the next 12 months?
Note: This blog was originally posted in Customer Connection on 11/06/2009.