Companies today are challenged with having an overabundance of information about their customers. Managing and obtaining insights from Big Data involves multiple roles.
- Solution Seeker: This is the champion or person who is seeking an answer to a specific business question.
- Liaison: This person has an intimate understanding of how the work gets done.
- Customer Representative: Generally this is the customer experience professional who understands the customer perspective and can represent their voice in the insight discovery process.
- Task Tracker: Someone needs to keep the project on track and push the team towards completion of action items.
- Data Detangler: This role supports the alignment of disparate data sources and enables the integration of insights into decision support systems.
- Analyst: Whether the initiative requires basic or sophisticated analysis, someone will need to explore, synthesize, and prioritize the data.
- Messenger: Communication is important. This task is focused on cutting through the clutter to ensure others understand the insight and are equipped to take the appropriate actions.
- Outside perspective: The objective here is to bring new ideas and challenge the cultural barriers.